I try to watch what I eat, especially since starting this blog, so B tries to make low-fat recipes for me. This is one of my favorites. It’s great on a winter or fall day.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 4 large leeks, use white and light-green parts, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot and boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about twenty minutes.
- Pour soup, as much as you can, into blender and puree. *For things like this, B uses a hand blender that he got for about twenty dollars. Using the hand blender, he didn’t have to pour hot soup out into a blender multiple times. Either way, puree all soup.
- Return soup into pot and simmer until heated.