This is one of my favorite recipes. We got this recipe from B’s mom and have been making it every since. I have to admit that I like it with a little less shrimp than it calls for in the recipe, but that decision should be based on your fondness or not so fondness of shrimp. We often have this in the summer, but in my imagination, I host fun little get togethers, and this is always served as an appetizer, whatever time of year. It’s easy to make, and it’s really good.
Shrimp and White Bean Salad
- 14 oz canned navy beans
- 10 1/2 oz large peeled and cooked shrimp (*we used small shrimp in the photos above, but we usually use large shrimp and it works out better. So, you might use larger bread than pictured).
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stock, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flat parsley
- loaf of French bread
- 6 baby plum tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix beans, onion, celery, shrimp, tomatoes, and garlic into large shallow bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of oil, and chopped parsley.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste
- Use the rest of the olive oil to brush the slices of bread.
- Toast bread
- Serve on bread and drizzle any extra oil. Enjoy!